Pin it plugin

Pin it plugin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Placinta Cu Piersici: Perfectly Peachy Pie



I was so looking forward to waking up this Sunday, It was going to be so special, so exciting, my Romanian best buddies, Andra and Fu were going to teach me how to make the Romanian pie! A recipe passed down from generations in their region!  I had to be very excited, but wait! Farzana, calls me and says she wants to do a photo shoot for the recipe,  Cherry on the Romanian Pie!!,
I always thought being in the kitchen is the reason of my existence and my love for baking defines me, and this experience changed the way I look at my passion for cooking! It was once in a lifetime experience, baking the pie with Andra and Fu, when I kept writing down every single ingredients and every step not to ever miss a single thing when Farzana kept taking the pictures on every step, not to mentions the laughters, the hugs, aww a day to remember, Andra had bought all the essences from Romania, the fragrance so fresh, so strong! I could already smell the pie! Arg! Couldn’t wait for the pie to bake, when the pie came out of the over, the aroma took over the house, and we were confused to do the photo shoot first or eat the pie first! Yes Indeed, the pie was perfectly peachy!  The photos just so professional, and the love we shared unfathomable ! yes this is my favorite post forever to cherish!

INGREDIENTS

250gm unsalted butter,
250 grams castor sugar,
1 teaspoon lemon essence,
1 teaspoon vanila essence,
20 gms baking powder,
Six eggs
4 tablespoon whole milk,
400 gms plain flour
1 can peaches



Line a baking tray with a greaseproof baking paper. Preheat the oven to 170C.
Beat the sugar and butter till pale and fluffly with a mixer. Tip in the lemon essence and the baking powder. Keeping adding one egg at a time and keep mixing. Add in the milk.
Keep adding the flour, in small parts and give it a good mix every time. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and spread it with the help of a spatula. Line up the peaches and bake for 45 minutes till the toothpick test comes out clean.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 Expresso yourself!:

Farzana said...

It was really Yummy :D:D

ipskhurana said...

Awesome....Yummy Pie !

Post a Comment